jueves, 19 de enero de 2017

My inspiration

LORD BYRON.
George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron, FRS (22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824), commonly known simply as Lord Byron, was an Anglo-Scottish poet, politician, and a leading figure in the Romantic movement. Among his best-known works are the lengthy narrative poems Don Juan and Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, and the short lyric poem "She Walks in Beauty".
The most flamboyant and notorious of the major Romantics, George Gordon, Lord Byron, was likewise the most fashionable poet of the day. He created an immensely popular Romantic hero—defiant, melancholy, haunted by secret guilt—for which, to many, he seemed the model. 
He is also a Romantic paradox: a leader of the era’s poetic revolution, he named Alexander Pope as his master; a worshiper of the ideal, he never lost touch with reality; a deist and freethinker, he retained from his youth a Calvinist sense of original sin; a peer of the realm, he championed liberty in his works and deeds, giving money, time, energy, and finally his life to the Greek war of independence.

My inspiration
Before writing my poem called “sweetie” I had already made several tries with other poems, but all of them had something in common: the main idea was LOVE, I consider myself as a romantic writer, no matter how much I try writing other kind of themes I will always write about love. I really like the way poets used to write during the Romanticism era, authors wrote leaving their souls on a paper describing how much they felt at that moment. One of these authors is Lord Byron, as it was already mentioned in his biography, he was considered as one of the major Romantics, when reading one of his poems it is possible to feel even in love with the person Byron is talking about, until now I have read two of his poems and I can perceive the passion he leaves on the paper, his big love towards the other person, remembering all details about that he had lived.
I based my poem on Byron because all I want to show is passion toward something, in this case my kitty, I want all those who read my poem do understand what I feel for her, in the same way Byron used to show in his poems, I do not want to forget any detail of all I feel when I see my cat.

She Walks in Beauty
By Lord Byron
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!


“She walks in beauty” is one of the most known poems written by Lord Byron, I wanted to compare it with my poem because I implemented almost its same style, using similes and describing someone’s beauty. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario