martes, 31 de enero de 2017

The Worn-out Dancing Shoes by Grimm Brothers

The Worn-out dancing shoes
Cast:
The King: Jhon Pabon
Princess Genevieve: Luisa Moreno
Princess Louise: Barbara Camargo
Princess Julia: Diana Rojas
The spokeswoman: Alejandra Lema
The knight Peter: Henry Velandia
Prince I: Leandro Castro
Prince II: Jocsan Jímenez
Prince III: Raúl Salgado


The Worn-out dancing shoes is a German fairy tale originally published by the Brothers Grimm in 1812 in Kinder- und Hausmärchen as tale number 133. Its closest analogue is the Scottish Kate Crackernuts, where it is a prince who is obliged to dance every night.

Act 1: The King reprimmands her daughters for wearing out their shoes once again.

The King: I gave you a new pair of shoes yesterday and by today they are completely worn through. You have been dancing again, Haven´t you? Well, what do you have to say for yourselves. Speak up!

Princess Genevieve: I´m sorry, father.
The King: Are you sorry? You said you were sorry the last time this happened and still you defied me again. As fo you two, why did you stand by and say nothing while your sister disobeyed me.
Princess Louise: We were asleep, father.
Princess Julia: So, you see, we couldn´t know where she´s gone.
The King: I see! Well, Genevieve, you still have to explain me how you could go through a pair of shoes in a single night. Well, if silence is your only answer, then you leave little choice. From this day forward I shall post a guard around the castle to make sure you do not leave here without my knowledge.
Princess Genevieve: Yes, father!


Act II: Princess Genevieve puts on a beatiful gown and a new pair of shoes for another long night of dancing.

Princess Louise: Is that you, Genevieve?
Princess Julia: I don´t believe it, you´re going for another night of dancing again. Don´t worry! We promise not to tell our father as long as you take us with you.
Princess Genevieve: What?
Princess Julia: We just want to be able to dance through the night and have fun just like you. It´s only fair, you know!
Princess Louise: On, please, Genevieve! Take us with you.
Princess Genevieve: You don´t know what you are asking for. Father always finds out besides  it´s so exhausting.
Princess Louise: But you still go, so it must be wonderful. I think it´s dreadful of you to be having so much fun and not wanting to share it with your sisters.
Princess Genevieve: Very well, hurry! I do not want to be late.


Act III: The King breaks into the princesses chamber and awakes them as it is to late to be still sleeping.

The King: Wake up, daughters! It is too late to be sleeping. I cannot believe it! All three pair of shoes are tattered. All of them defied me now. Wake up right this minute.
The King: All of you are awfully quitely this afternoon. What´s the matter? Is the food not to your liking? You hardly touched the bite.
Princess Genevieve: I do not have much  of an apetite today.
Princess Julia: Neither do I, father.
The King: It´s not polite to yawn at the table.
Princess Louise: I am so tired I can hardly stay awake enough.
The King: Enough is enough! You´re gonna tell me the truth. Where is that you were dancing last night?
Princess Genevieve: We never left the castle, father.
The King: And you expect me to beleive that? From no won you are going to locked in your bedroom to make sure you don´t go anywhere.
The King: Since there is no way for you to leave your room I expect all of you to get a good sleep tonight.



Act IV: The kings finds new pairs of worn-out shoes and decides to look for a definite solution.

The King: What happened to your shoes? They are completely worn-out. Enough!
The spokewoman: I have a message from our beloved King.The Royal princess have a problema which deeply worries the King. For that reason, he requires everyone´s help. I´d be happy to help decipher the pricesses´ mystery once and for all. Each night the princesses have been sneaking from the castle to go dancing. If any man in the kingdom can manage to find where exactly the princesses go off to. He can marry the princess of his choice. However, if a man Price for three days and fails he will be locked in a dungeon as a criminal and the King shall not have patience.
The knight Peter: I will take up the challenge. How difficult could it possibly be to keep track of three princesses. Well, I´ll have this princess problema taken care at once.


Act V: The knight prepares to solve the mystery of the all night long dancing princesses after many brave men ended up in a dungeon because of failing to stay awake and fullfill their royal mission.

The kignt Peter: It seems so easy but all the others failed; there must be some details that everyone else missed (soliloquy)
Princess Genevieve: I have brought you some refreshments to make your night pleasant. I know how difficult it must be to stay awake when everyone sleeps.
The knight Peter: That´s very thoughtful of you, thank you!
Princess Genevieve: Good night, gentleman!
The knight Peter: Good night, my lady! Wait a minute, why are they still concerned about my well-being when I´m here to stop him from leaving.They must put something in this wine. I´ll play along with them. Well, it smells wondeful, thank you. This is the best wine I have ever tasted. Oh, what´s happening to me? I feel so sleepy.
Princess Louise: I can´t  believe it; he´s already asleep.
Princess Julia: Maybe we should wait to be really sure
Princess Genevieve: Don´t waste our time! The princes are waiting for us. “Princes from beneath the floor, open now your magic door”
The knight Peter: A secret passage, I think this is going to be as easy as I thought.


Act VI: The knight Peter follows the princessses while they go down the passage.

The knight  Peter: How will I get to that castle with Golden rooftops? Oh, I know. I´ll wear this magic imvisibility layer. This way I´ll ge tinto the Ball room and find out what the princesses do with the so-called princes.
Princess Genevieve:  I´m so happy
Prince I: I think you should be happy always. I want you to stay with me al night long and stay with me forever.
The knight Peter: Oh, now I can see. They are hideous monsters. Princess, Genevieve. Wake up. They are not princes.
Prince II: What have you done? How dare you, insignficant human? You won´t be able to set our princesses free.
The night peter: Run, princesses! Run. Let us escape the monsters
Prince III: After them! They shall not leave our castle ever since if they do so tonight, the spell we have casted on them will be broken forever.
Princess Julia: How are we gonna get out of here?
The knight Peter: Do not worry, my ladies. We are going to hover the ball room and finally get to the gate.
Prince II: Release our serpents army
Prince III: Stop them from leaving this place
Prince I: I´ll bust the princesses meanwhile
The knight Peter: Keep running!
Princess Genevieve: Close the gate!
Princess Louise: They pushing to break through
The knight Peter: Wait! Keep pushing, the light of dawn is coming
Princess Julia: Oh, they´re gone. We´re saved!
Princess Genevieve: Oh, I´am so greatful to you and sorry we tried to trick you.




Act VII: The knight stands before the King to prove true the fulfillment of his misión

The King: Well, Peter, can you tell me where my daughters have been dancing?
The knight Peter: Yes, Your Majesty. Your daughters were tricked by the magic of evil spirits who forced them to dance in an underground palace night after night.
The King: But, you have proves this palace is real?
The knight: Yes, I do. I brought this as prove. These are golen ans silver leaves that were in a forest in front of the palace. Consider this my gifts to you, your highness.
The King. What can I do for you?
The knight Peter: I wish, as promised by you, the hand of Genevieve in marriage.
The King: Then, you and my daughter shall marry. We´ll have a celebration





























No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario